16 Days of Activism Against Gender-Based Violence
16 Days of Activism Against Gender-Based Violence is an international campaign running every year from 25 November to 10 December. This campaign started in 1991 and has since had more than 6,000 organisations from approximately 187 countries participate.
I am sure we are not the only ones wondering how to get involved and make a difference.
W24, a proudly female South African voice, sharing everything from relationships and fashion to career advice.
W24 shared 16 things you can do for 16 days of activism and we loved it so much we wanted to share it with you (read the full article here):
- Wear a white ribbon. You commitment to never condone violence against women and children.
- Support the POWA (People Against Women Abuse) walkathon on 26 November 2019 by entering online here.
- Donate to Nisaa Development for Women Development. You can read more here.
- Attend the ‘Preventing Violence and Promoting Safety in Fragile and Insecure Environments’ conference by The Safety and Violence Initiative (SAVI) at the University of Cape Town from 27 – 28 November 2019.
- Support the #BluePurpleBlack campaign by the Reeva Steenkamp Foundation.
- Join the #16Ways online protest with WomensNet.
- Volunteer at a NGO that supports the fight against women and children abuse.
- Make a donation to a NGO that supports the fight against women and children abuse.
- Speak out against women and children abuse in every day conversation.
- Encourage abused victims to seek help and challenge abuse.
- Get men on board.
- Use your social network and community to spread the message.
- Call men out for sexist comments, cat calling and belittling women.
- Educate yourself about what to do if you or someone you know is abused or raped.
- Change the conversation. Don’t shame women for what they wear.
- Point out the subtle acts of violence in every day life.
If you have an NPO or organisation that’s fighting the fight against women and children
abuse and want to build a community of volunteers and raise funds, drop us a message
at Brownie Points, we would love to help.
- None Found
Leave a Reply